Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy International Tatting Day!

Greetings from waaay across the pond...and


It has actually been April 1 for almost 20 hours over here, and I didn't even know it was our holiday until I saw it on Jane Eborall's Facebook page...

Anyway, now I know and I am celebrating with "American", British and Russian chocolate!

I finished the latest round on The Big Doily and have started the next round in the do-over doily...
AND, our final shipment (the stuff from Honduras and Iowa) arrived today!! All my Honduran thread is in one of those two boxes that look like they are spontaneously combusting behind Chris' head... :)

It's a good day!

Hope you are enjoying your chocolate and tatting today! :)

8 comments:

  1. Your doilies both are gorgeous!
    Happy International Tatting Day to you! Mine will start in about an hour, I must be almost opposite from you now-Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, right now I am 16 hours ahead if the Midwest...I know because I am always trying to figure out what time it is for my family in Iowa!

      Delete
  2. Happy tatting day to you. I'm squeezing in a little blog reading during my lunch break, but I won't be able to get any tatting done until this evening. I've pulled out the chocolate though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think tatting and chocolate rank equally with me...add in some tea and a good Jane Austen movie adaptation and I'm such a happy girl :)

      Delete
  3. I'm amazed how much progress you've made on these! It's wonderful to see a 1927 doily brought back to life, and in these wonderful colors. Love the blue and white combo. Very nice tatting on both doilies.

    I'm also impressed at the adventures you've already experienced, and how you can adjust to such major changes in your lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! I am enjoying the older doily much more than the "frilling" one! :) We are definitely having some adventures...the adjustment comes slowly most days. I'm glad I have my tatting projects to lose myself in sometimes...the nice thing is, tatting is the same no matter where you are! :) Thanks for reading the blogs! :)

      Delete